Getting help there when it is needed
THE INCIDENT LOCATOR program is designed to get emergency resources to the scene of water related and land based incidents on Lake Tapps as quickly and efficiently as possible. When time matters most!
Did you know…
- Five separate dispatch agencies receive 911 calls for emergencies on Lake Tapps?
(Fire Comm, South Sound 911, State Patrol, Puyallup dispatch, Valley Comm)
- Four separate agencies regularly respond to emergencies on Lake Tapps?
(East Pierce Fire & Rescue, Pierce County Sheriff’s Department, Bonney Lake Police, and Valley Regional Fire Authority)
How the program works
When an emergency occurs in the water (swimmer, boater, etc.) or on land, the system allows:
- The caller to quickly identify their specific location by providing the 911 dispatcher the number from the nearest brown and white sign on the dock or shore.
- The 911 dispatcher to quickly verify location (both street-side address and GPS coordinates) and dispatch the appropriate units
- Emergency responders to respond efficiently to a confirmed location via predetermined routes
- All agencies involved to utilize the same simple system to avoid confusion
- A rapid, effective response that saves valuable time
When 911 receives a call for water related or land based incident, it is often difficult for the dispatcher to quickly determine an accurate location because the “caller doesn’t know where they are.”
Waterfront properties have been numbered sequentially and continuously around the lake. Signs with the property's assigned number will be mounted to each dock allowing boaters/swimmers to easily see a number from any point along the shoreline. Where no dock is available, the number signs will be placed on a posts or other appropriate location.
How and where the signs will be installed:
There are two sign installation options:
- Self installation:
- Homeowner orders/purchases sign
- Homeowner picks up sign and hardware from the fire station
- Homeowner mounts sign
- Assisted installation:
- Homeowner orders/purchases sign
- Fire department will facilitate the mounting of the sign if required
There are three sign mounting location options.
- Dock (preferred)
We understand the signs must be aesthetically pleasing as well as visible. The signs are brown with 7" white reflective numbers. Dimensions 8" x 12"-14" (varies by number of digits)
Cost and Ordering Information
- Mounting supplies
- Post and Quickrete (where necessary)
- Mounting assistance (if required)
- Order and purchase your sign on-line.
- Or in person at our Headquarters Station (18421 Veterans Memorial Dr E, Bonney Lake).
The signs are made to order, so please allow 3-4 weeks for processing and manufacturing. You will be contacted by telephone when your sign and hardware are ready for pick up at our Headquarters Station (18421 Veterans Memorial Dr E, Bonney Lake).
Your privacy is important to us. The personal information you enter online such as credit card, name, phone number, email and mailing address, are protected by InternetSecure.
This site may request personally identifiable data from you (“personal information”), which may include your email address, and other personal information such as your address, telephone number, credit card number and expiration date, etc. East Pierce Fire & Rescue endeavors to do its best to protect the privacy of your personal information and will not use this information except in connection with your use of this web site so that we can provide you with the highest quality of services. We may use your email address to send you information concerning the organization and this website, unless you advise us that you do not wish to receive this information.