Ride-Along with Us!
The employees of East Pierce Fire & Rescue welcome the opportunity to provide citizens the chance to experience first-hand the daily operations of the fire department. As an observer only and under constant supervision, our ride-along participants will get as much close-up, real-life experience as possible.
A career as a firefighter is rewarding and challenging. We encourage those interested in a fire/emergency service career to participate in a ride-along experience.
Because of the high demand and scheduling complexities, we require the completed Ride-Along Application be submitted a minimum of two weeks before the requested dates. Each ride-along experience is limited to a maximum of twelve hours (8 am – 8 pm).
We regret that we cannot accommodate all requests but will provide as many opportunities as possible.
Please note the age requirements listed below. Because of the number of requests, there are no exceptions.
Requirements and Documentation
- Applicants must be 16 years of age to ride on emergency apparatus. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must authorize your ride time.
- Required Documentation:
- Completed Ride-Along Application (PDF)
- Photocopy of driver’s license or valid state-issued ID
- Rider orientation (to be completed with the officer on the day of the ride-along)
- Maximum of 12 (twelve) hours (8 am – 8 pm) per ride-along
- Maximum of 2 (two) ride-alongs per calendar year and must be at least 6 (six) months apart unless otherwise agreed.
- Persons testing for positions with East Pierce Fire & Rescue cannot ride-along while participating in the testing/hiring process.
- Riders under the age of 18 must have parental or guardian authorization.
See below for the Ride-Along Application. For more information, don’t hesitate to contact Corina Byerley at 253-447-3534 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ride-Along Application (Fillable PDF)