“Our community and our employees are our most important resource.” -Part of EPFR’s Core Values
During a May 6th, 2023 Employee & Recognition Ceremony, EPFR celebrated the many accomplishments of our employees and their impacts on the community. Award recipients are selected by their peers for leadership skills and efforts, setting a standard for themselves and others. The sole exception is the Chief’s Company, which is determined by the command staff.
Congratulations to all the award recipients!
- EMS Provider of the Year: BEN PIEPER
- Fitness: ANDREW HOUSE
- Ken Thawsh Inspirational: DeANN O’LEARY
- Mike Roberts Goodwill: REX ORCUTT
- Volunteer Responder: DeANN O’LEARY
- Career Firefighter of the Year: JEFF CONOVER [Awarded posthumously following the unexpected, off-duty passing of FF Conover in October 2022 ]
- Officer of the Year: WILL POE
- Support Staff Person of the Year: KIM JOHNSON
- Chief’s Company: MATT JEWITT, BO MONSON, PATIENCE TAYLOR, and RENEE CAMERON
In addition to the annual awards, the event also recognized retirements, promotions, achievements, and several commendations