Calling All Scouts!!
EACH YEAR, East Pierce firefighters facilitate numerous public education requests from scout groups trying to achieve certain badge requirements. In response to the demand and to reach more scouts, we thought our scouts deserved an event of their very own….Scout Night.
East Pierce Fire invites all scout groups (through 5th grade) to join us for our FREE 4th Annual Scout Night event scheduled for Friday, April 28, 2017 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at our Headquarters Station in Bonney Lake.
- Bonney Lake
- Lake Tapps
- South Prairie
- Unincorporated Buckley
Scouts will rotate through various learning stations at this free event designed to address several badge requirements. Learning stations include:
- Home Safety: Identify how to fix or prevent various home hazards; learn the importance of smoke alarms; and calling 9-1-1 – when to call and what you need to give the dispatcher.
- Basic First Aid: Learn first aid basics, like how to cool a burn; treating cuts and bloody nose; what to do if someone is choking; and how to treat bee stings and identify signs of allergic reaction.
- Home Escape Planning: Scouts will design a home escape plan identifying two ways out of every room, designate a meeting place, crawl low under smoke, and learn when and how to shelter in place.
- Emergency Preparedness: Learn why it’s important to have an emergency plan; how to assemble an emergency kit; and the importance of an out of area contact.
- Firefighter and Paramedic Tools, Equipment and Careers: Get an up close look at the bunker gear and equipment firefighters use to stay safe and do their job; and ask questions why they chose their career.
- Ropes and Knots: Watch firefighters demonstrate various knot tying, then scouts can practice, too!
- Law Enforcement Equipment and Careers: Interested in being a police officer? Learn about their job and the equipment they use every day.
- 9-1-1: Practice making a 9-1-1 "call" on our interactive 9-1-1 call simulator. Learn what information the dispatcher needs to help you, and know when to call and not to call 9-1-1.
Location and Parking
Sign up for this FREE event today! Advance registration is required. To secure space for your scout group, call 253-863-1800 or email email@example.com.