EAST PIERCE FIRE AND RESCUE is a combination department employing over 100 Firefighters and approximately 30 Volunteers. Our mission is to have exceptional people providing compassionate service and rapid response to our community's diverse needs.
With urban, suburban, and rural areas, the calls within our district vary significantly, offering challenging and exciting opportunities. Training is a vital part of our industry, as firefighters are expected to perform incredible acts of service for others; and we take it very seriously as proven with our four special operations teams, including hazmat, technical rescue, water rescue, and wildland.
We are looking for people with high levels of integrity, respect, commitment, and accountability. Successful individuals are responsive, excel in a teamwork environment, and provide excellent customer service.
Not Currently Accepting Applications
We typically require firefighter applicants to be certified as an EMT-B or Paramedic in Washington State or National Registry by date of application. There may be additional requirements regarding years of experience depending on the needs of the department. Other requirements may include:
- a valid Washington State driver's license within 30 days of employment
- a high school diploma or equivalent
- 21 years of age by date of hire
- ability to read, write, and speak the English language
- legally authorized to work in the United States and provide documentation of such
- ability to pass all pre-employment processes including a physical ability test, physician's exam, suitability test, and background check
- ability to successfully complete a probationary period
Interested in a career with us?
If you would like to be added to our email contact list please email Tanya Lynch, Human Resources, at email@example.com.
For information about volunteering please visit our volunteer page.